Wednesday 18 January 2012

Christmas IV

 Our next stop Dunedin. We arrive well inside the night, short of petrol and without booked accommodation, at our usual best!! We find a Holiday park, office closed, but good and only option though. The guys start to established their tents, me start to turn the car into a well equip room. Tomorrow will be another day

 Morning. Find a proper hostel with all the technology advantages of modern times in city center is our new task. Dunedin basically is a city crossed by a main road. In one side general buildings. In the other, University of Otago facilities. And in the middle of this road a place call The Octagon. All of this surrounding by hills and water with penguins swimming -I don't have to say that, I didn't taste the freshness of the water-

 Probably the right city to have a good time, but wrong moment to be there, as one local girl very kindly make me notice.

 -...You are German... Swedish?....Dutch??.....Portuguese?? -Wait a minute , Portuguese?? I'm looking more Spanish than Portuguese, What the F***k!!!-
 -....aahhhhh Spanish!!....Darling, You are in Dunedin at the wrong moment!! -Thank you sweetie! I reply.

 Anyway, She was right. Students are in summer holidays by now.

 We find a Scottish pub in The Octagon. Tired of insipid drinks for my palate, -Stan, you know how much we like sophisticate stuff!!- I See the bar crowded by colorful, tasteful and smokey Scotch!! My eyes were dropping tears with such splendid view by that time! -Walter, Lagavulin 16 still the best-

 After two nights in Dunedin and listening people telling us that Queenstown is very expensive, Daniel and me decide to change our plans, and go to...... Wellington!

No comments:

Post a Comment