Thursday 2 February 2012

Highway nº 1

 To not bother you much with my Christmas trip, I decide to change the title of it.

On my way up to Wellington, Daniel and me took a bus back to Christchurch, and then another one from our beloved city to Picton. Town probably famous, just because is the port where the ferry towards Wellington leave.

Highway nº 1, this is the road, that links Christchurch and Picton, via Northwest coast, and surround by mountains, cliffs and beaches.  I have to say that, this is the most beautiful bus ride I have ever did.

Ironically another Highway nº 1, but this one in California, have the name for one of the most scenics road in the world. Me, luckily I had the chance to ride both, and I think the NZ one is considerably nicer. Probably the Californian one is more glamorous for where it is, and James Dean.

Judge by yourselves...


















...This is it.

The move night ferry up to Wellington, the pass from 2011 to 2012 in company of a charming and bossy policewoman officer - No, don't worry Antonio, the only one with criminal records, are you and Alan still- and flight back to Christchurch, because a flight is cheaper than a bus, are not worth of deeper mention.

P.S. Wellington is a very nice, and lively city worth to visit one more time, maybe with you Antonio.      

No comments:

Post a Comment